Easter is a much-awaited time for middle school students. As they look forward to having fun and celebrate, it becomes essential to have engaging activities planned to keep them entertained and challenged. The following are 23 engaging middle school Easter activities that will ensure a memorable experience.
1. Easter Egg Hunt: No Easter celebration is complete without the traditional egg hunt! Hide eggs filled with surprises all around the schoolyard and let the fun begin.
2. Egg Decorating: Provide hard-boiled eggs, paint, markers, sequins, and other materials for students to decorate their eggs.
3. Easter Baking: Have a baking session where students can make tasty Easter treats, such as hot cross buns or bunny-shaped cookies.
4. Bunny Hop Relay Race: Set up relay races where students hop like bunnies to compete against each other.
5. Springtime Scavenger Hunt: Create a list of spring-related items for teams of students to find and photograph within a given time frame.
6. Jelly Bean Guessing Game: Fill a jar with jelly beans and ask students to guess how many there are. The closest guess wins a prize!
7. Easter Trivia Quiz: Test students’ knowledge on Easter-related facts, traditions, and history using a fun quiz.
8. DIY Easter Baskets: Provide craft supplies for students to make their own beautiful Easter baskets.
9. Egg-and-Spoon Race: Students race while balancing an egg on a spoon without letting it fall.
10. Egg Tower Challenge: Using toothpicks and mini marshmallows, challenge students to build the tallest egg-shaped structure possible in a set amount of time.
11. Chocolate Egg Wrappers Puzzle: Unwrap chocolate eggs from their foil wrappers; then mix up the wrappers. Students must match each wrapper with its corresponding chocolate egg based on pieces’ size or design.
12. Pictionary: Create a list of Easter-themed words that students can draw and let their classmates guess.
13. Easter Bingo: Come up with bingo cards having Easter-related images, and conduct an engaging bingo game.
14. Charades: Give Easter-themed clues for students to act out while their classmates guess the word or phrase.
15. Escape Room: Design an Easter-themed escape room adventure for teams to solve riddles and puzzles to “escape” within a time limit.
16. Egg Roulette: Fill some eggs with paint and others with confetti. Students take turns selecting an egg and smashing it on their heads, hoping to avoid getting a paint-filled one!
17. Name That Tune: Play popular songs with the word “bunny” or “rabbit” in them and have students guess the song title.
18. READ-aster: Encourage students to read books related to spring or Easter themes for prizes.
19. Word Scramble: Create a list of scrambled Easter-themed words for students to unscramble.
20. Coloring Contest: Provide coloring sheets featuring various Easter designs and have a contest to see whose masterpiece stands out the most.
21. Origami Lesson: Teach students how to make origami bunnies, chicks, or other seasonal motifs.
22. Musical Chairs – Bunny Style: Set up musical chairs but, instead of sitting when the music stops, players must hop into seats like bunnies!
23. Pin the Tail on the Bunny: A fun twist on the classic “pin the tail on the donkey” game – blindfolded students try to pin fluffy tails onto a bunny poster.
These engaging middle school Easter activities are sure to create lasting memories and bring excitement into your classroom or schoolyard during this festive season!