At times, you may find that your phone screen has unexpectedly turned black and white. This can be a frustrating experience, especially if you’re unsure of how to fix the problem. Worry no more; this article will guide you step-by-step on resolving this display issue on your smartphone.
1. Accessibility settings: In some cases, the black and white display could be due to changes in accessibility settings.
2. Power-saving mode: Your phone might be in power-saving mode, and as a result, it switched to a grayscale display to conserve battery life.
3. App-related problems: Certain applications may conflict with your phone’s display settings, making it turn black and white.
4. Hardware or software issues: These can cause your phone’s screen to become unresponsive or display only in grayscale.
Troubleshooting Steps for Android and iPhone:
1. Check accessibility settings:
– Android: Go to Settings > Accessibility > Color Correction/Color Inversion and ensure these options are disabled.
– iPhone: Navigate to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size > Color Filters and toggle off the ‘Grayscale’ option if enabled.
2. Disable power-saving mode:
– Android: Open Settings > Battery > Battery Saver and toggle off the ‘Battery Saver’ setting.
– iPhone: Go to Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode and switch off the ‘Low Power Mode’ option.
3. Identify problematic apps:
– Reboot your phone in safe mode (check your device manual for instructions), which disables all third-party apps temporarily. If the screen color returns to normal, an app is likely causing the issue.
– Uninstall recently downloaded apps one by one until the problem is resolved.
4. Update software:
– Make sure your phone’s operating system (Android/iOS) is up to date to fix any potential firmware bugs.
5. Reset your phone:
– If none of these steps work, create a backup and then perform a factory reset on your device. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for this process.
6. Seek professional help:
– If all else fails, take your phone to an authorized service center as it may have hardware issues that need expert attention.
Following these troubleshooting steps should help you restore your phone’s screen color and resolve the black and white display problem. Always keep a regular check on your phone’s settings and apps to prevent similar issues from arising in the future