Motion Photo is a feature available on some Android devices that allows you to capture a short video clip along with your still photographs. While this can be a fun addition to your photo collection, there may be times when you’d prefer to disable the Motion Photo feature. In this article, we will guide you through the process of turning off Motion Photo on Android devices.
Steps to Turn Off Motion Photo on Android:
1. Open the Camera app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the gear-shaped Settings icon, usually located in the top-left or top-right corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down and find the Motion Photo option in the list of settings.
4. By default, it may be set to On or Auto; tap on the toggle next to Motion Photo to switch it off.
5. Once turned off, your device’s camera will no longer capture Motion Photos along with your still images.
Alternative Method for Samsung Devices:
Some Samsung devices come with their own camera app that has slightly different settings layout. Here’s how you can disable motion photo on Samsung smartphones:
1. Open the Camera app on your Samsung device.
2. Tap on the Settings icon located at the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down and locate the Advanced section.
4. In the Advanced section, tap on Motion photo to reveal more options.
5. Disable Motion photo by tapping on Off.
6. Your Samsung device will no longer capture motion photos when taking still images.
Turning off Motion Photo on Android devices is quite simple and only requires a few taps in your camera app settings menu. Disabling this feature can help you save storage space and make browsing through your pictures easier, as it only captures still images rather than additional video clips. If you ever feel like experimenting with Motion Photos again, simply follow these steps in reverse order to turn the feature back on.