In the world of portable gaming, Valve’s new Steam Deck has emerged as a game-changer. This handheld device not only allows gamers to play an extensive range of PC games on-the-go but also offers a flexible and powerful experience with its docking stations. In this article, we will contrast and compare the two popular dock choices – Valve’s official Steam Deck Docking Station and the third-party alternative, JSAux Docking Station.
Valve’s Official Steam Deck Docking Station:
Valve’s very own Steam Deck Docking Station is designed specifically for the device and focuses on providing seamless integration, along with an optimized user experience. Some of its features include:
1. Support for DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.0: Both ports guarantee crisp and high-quality video output to various displays.
2. USB Ports: It sports one USB 3.1 Gen 2 port on the front and two USB 2.0 ports on the back for added connectivity.
3. Ethernet Port: The built-in gigabit ethernet port ensures fast, reliable, and steady cable-based internet connection.
4. Charging & Data Transfer: The station supports not only PD fast charging but also provides quick data transfer speeds thanks to its USB-C technology.
The official dock will be available for pre-orders soon, right after the release of Steam Deck.
JSAux Docking Station Alternative:
The third-party option comes from JSAux – a well-known company in laptop docking stations. Some gamers may prefer the JSAux option since it provides versatility to connect with other
devices as well as the Steam Deck. Its features include:
1. Support for HDMI & VGA: The JSAux dock offers support for HDMI (4K@60Hz) and VGA (1080P@60Hz) ports on the same dock. Having both ensures compatibility with various display devices.
2. USB Ports: It includes three USB 3.0 ports and one USB-C port for a wide range of peripherals.
3. Ethernet Port: A gigabit ethernet port is present for high-speed wired internet connectivity.
4. Efficient Charging & Data Transfer: Equipped with a USB-C port, the JSAux docking station enables PD fast charging and quick data transfer times.
Both the Valve official and JSAux third-party docking stations offer distinct perks for gamers using the Steam Deck. The Valve dock provides native support and an optimized experience tailored to the handheld device, while the JSAux station offers more versatility for different devices.
Ultimately, it boils down to your requirements and preferences while choosing between these two great options for enhancing your Steam Deck experience. Make sure to carefully evaluate which docking station suits you best before making a decision.