Are you looking for genius ways to teach students not to make inappropriate comments to teachers? If so, keep reading.
3. Praise the student for communicating appropriately based on the duration of time the student can be successful. As the student shows success, slowly increase the duration of time required for reinforcement.
4. Assess the appropriateness of the task to ascertain (a) if the task is too easy, (b) if the task is too complicated, and (c) if the duration of time scheduled for the task is sufficient.
5. Create classroom rules: • Complete every assignment. • Complete assignments quietly. • Remain in your seat. • Finish tasks. • Meet task expectations. Examine rules often. Praise students for following the rules.
6. Convey your feelings in a socially acceptable manner.
7. Praise the student for communicating appropriately with teachers: (a) give the student a concrete reward (e.g., privileges such as leading the line, handing out learning materials, 10 minutes of free time, etc.) or (b) give the student an informal reward (e.g., praise, handshake, smile, etc.).
8. Consider using a classroom management app. Click here to view a list of apps that we recommend.
9. Consider using an adaptive behavior management app. Click here to view a list of apps that we recommend.
10. Consider using Alexa to help the student learn to behave appropriately. Click here to read an article that we wrote on the subject.
11. Click here to learn about six bonus strategies for challenging problem behaviors and mastering classroom management.