Are you looking for ways to help students lower their tardies? If so, keep reading.
1. Select a responsible peer to escort the student to school/learning activities.
2. Make sure that the student is successful in school-related learning activities. The student will be more likely to be present if they experience success.
3. Make the student a leader of the learning experience or group.
4. Make sure that other students do not make it unpleasant for the student to attend learning activities.
6. Record attendance/promptness with the student.
7. Begin the day or class with a success-oriented learning experience that is likely to be highly reinforcing for the student.
8. Give the student as many high interest learning activities as possible.
9. Give the student many chances for social and academic success.
10. Give the student academic learning activities presented in the most attractive and exciting manner possible.
11. Provide the student a schedule of daily activities to be signed by each teacher to document promptness.
12. Gather anecdotal information on the student’s absences/tardies. If a trend can be determined, remove the student from the situation, modify the situation, or help the student create the skills to be more successful in the situation.
14. Consider using a classroom management app. Click here to view a list of apps that we recommend.
15. Consider using an adaptive behavior management app. Click here to view a list of apps that we recommend.
16. Consider using Alexa to help the student learn to behave appropriately. Click here to read an article that we wrote on the subject.
17. Click here to learn about six bonus strategies for challenging problem behaviors and mastering classroom management.