Are you looking for genius ways to get students to complete their class assignments? If so, keep reading.
1. Give the student more decision-making chances relative to class learning activities and tasks.
2. Get the student to use electronic reminders to assist them in the conclusion of tasks (e.g., programmable watch, computer programs, voice mail, etc.).
3. Converse with the student to explain (a) what they are doing wrong (e.g., off-task, failing to finish tasks) and (b) what they must be doing (e.g., paying attention to task, finishing tasks sequentially, finishing tasks).
4. Draft an agreement with the student stipulating what behavior is required (e.g., finish designated project by due date) and which reinforcement will be implemented when the agreement has been met.
5. Get the student to create a chart to follow that will let them finish all tasks.
6. Make sure the student is paying attention when they are told to do something. Get the student to make eye contact and repeat the information to check for comprehension.
7. Urge the student to take a break while working on monotonous tasks to relieve restlessness and improve concentration. Establish a definite time limit for breaks.
8. Create an environment that is quiet and tidy (e.g., clean, well-lighted, fresh-smelling, and at a comfortable temperature).
9. Consider using an education app to help the student sharpen their organizational skills. Click here to view a list of apps that we recommend.