Are you looking for ways to teach students to take notes during class? If so, keep reading.
1. Teach the student that instructions or lectures should be written in the form of notes when they are presented.
4. Inspect the student’s notes before they begin a task to ascertain if they contain sufficient information for the task.
5. Give the student an outline or questions to be finished during the presentation of instructions or lectures.
6. Give the student samples of students’ notes of classroom instructions or lectures that have been given so that they may learn what information is appropriate when taking notes.
7. Make sure the student is in the best place in the classroom to receive information for note-taking (e.g., near the board, teacher, or other sources of information).
8. Make sure that supervision of the student’s note-taking can easily be given.
9. Get the student to prepare for tests using the “Who, What, Where, On occasions where, How, and Why” method. The teacher should then test this same information.
10. Show instructions and lectures clearly and loudly enough for the student to hear.
11. Give the student both oral and written instructions.
12. Pair the rate of delivery of the instructions and lectures to the student’s capacity and ability to take notes.
13. Give instructions and lectures in sequential steps to enable student note-taking.
14. Consider providing the student with a notetaking app. Click here to view a list of the best of the best notetaking apps.