Are you looking for ways to teach students spelling rules? If so, keep reading.
2. Teach the student spelling ideas at each level before introducing a new skill level.
3. Get the student to type their list of spelling words.
4. Get the student to use current spelling words in an important manner (e.g., writing a letter to a friend, rock star, famous athlete, etc.) to enable their desire to improve.
6. Keep box of a salt or sand in which the student can trace spelling words.
7. Get the student to be a peer tutor to teach a spelling concept they have learned to another student. This can serve as reinforcement for the student.
8. Make sure the student has sufficient time to finish written tasks to enable the student’s improvement in using spelling rules.
9. Get the student to write current spelling words in various places (e.g., smartboard, transparencies, on a posted list at their desk, etc.) throughout the classroom as they are learning them.
10. Utilize daily drills to help the student memorize spelling rules.
11. Give the student sufficient chances for the repetition of information through various experiences to improve their memory.
12. Get the student to keep a dictionary of “most misspelled words” at their desk. Make the student check the spelling of all words they are not certain are spelled correctly.
13. Make up a “rap” using the spelling rule.
14. Pair the student with a peer to proofread each other’s work.
15. Get the student to start a personal dictionary of misspelled words at their desk. Require them to check the spelling of all words they are not certain are spelled correctly.
16. Consider using one of the tools from of spelling apps list.