With many children attending school remotely and limited access to physical education classes, it’s important to find creative ways to keep kids active at home. Virtual P.E. resources have become increasingly popular, providing a fun and engaging way for kids to stay active and maintain their physical well-being. In this article, we will explore some of our favorite virtual P.E. resources that can help keep kids moving at home.
- GoNoodle: GoNoodle is a fantastic online platform that offers a wide range of interactive videos and activities designed to get kids up and moving. From dance parties to yoga exercises, GoNoodle provides endless options to keep children engaged and active throughout the day.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga: Yoga is a great way to improve flexibility, strength, and overall well-being for kids. Cosmic Kids Yoga offers fun and interactive yoga sessions that incorporate storytelling and themes from popular movies and TV shows. Children can follow along with the instructor and embark on exciting adventures while practicing different yoga poses.
- Just Dance: If your child loves to dance, Just Dance is the perfect virtual P.E. resource. This popular video game series features a wide selection of high-energy songs and choreographies that will get your child moving and grooving. Just Dance encourages physical activity while also enhancing coordination and rhythm.
- Fitness Blender Kids: Fitness Blender offers a dedicated section for kids where they can find workouts specifically designed for their age group. These workouts are fun, challenging, and tailored to promote cardiovascular fitness, strength, and flexibility. With a variety of exercises to choose from, Fitness Blender Kids ensures that children have a wide range of options to keep them active and engaged.
- PE with Joe: PE with Joe, also known as The Body Coach, gained immense popularity during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hosted by fitness coach Joe Wicks, this YouTube series offers daily P.E. workouts that are suitable for children of all ages. PE with Joe combines cardio exercises, strength training, and interactive challenges to make fitness fun and accessible.
- NFL Play 60: NFL Play 60 is an initiative by the National Football League (NFL) aimed at encouraging children to be physically active for at least 60 minutes every day. They offer a variety of resources, including fitness challenges, instructional videos, and virtual events, to inspire kids to get moving and lead a healthier lifestyle.
In conclusion, virtual P.E. resources provide a convenient and engaging way for kids to stay active at home. Whether it’s dancing, yoga, or interactive workouts, these resources offer a wide range of options to keep children moving and promote their physical well-being. Incorporating these virtual P.E. resources into your child’s daily routine can help them stay active, energized, and healthy, even during remote learning periods.