So, what do the 5 Ws mean? The five w questions are essential questions that are asked to learn about a person, event, or text. For example:
- Who is your hero?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What genre of films do you like?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What’s your most minor famous school subject?
- Do you play a musical instrument?
These questions can help you collect crucial information about events and are essential for children to learn. Check out the simple example questions to see how the five w questions work.
- What is it about?
- What happened?
- When did it take place?
- Where did it take place?
- Why did it happen?
Examples of the5 w questions
|When||When is dinner?||When did they arrive?||Where did she leave her shoes?|
|Where||Where did they go on holiday?||Where was the fire?||Where was the play?|
|What||What did he say?||What time is it?||What happened yesterday?|
|Why||Why did the tree fall||Why was Sarah mad at Sam?||Why are the chairs missing?|
|Who||Who was at the door?||Who was at the play||Who stole the car?|